Friday, May 22, 2009

CALLED TO SERVE






Yesterday morning I called the post office at about eight o'clock in the morning. The post-woman eyed me as she realized I was the young lady who subsequently had been stalking her for the past three or four days at my apartment complex. She gave me my post, and i thanked her. I opened my call and it said:






Dear Sister Peterson,

You are hereby called to serve as a missionary of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. You are assigned to labor in the Brazil Maceio Mission.
All I have to say (and it's really not all I have to say) is that this call was the perfect call for me. I'm stoked and incredibly humbled that God would give me this calling. I cannot wait to meet the wonderful people of Maceio and share my simple testimony of the gospel with them. This is one thing in my life that brings me joy beyond anything else. I am very blessed to have it and I am very blessed to have this opportunity to serve.

At night a bunch of my friends came to dinner to celebrate. I feel blessed to have so many friends supporting me. It was a lot of fun. I'm gonna miss some of these wonderful people.

117 days till i enter the Sao Paulo Brazil MTC. Life is good.

No comments: