Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Remember how i live in Brazil

Dear all of you.

A few things since you last saw me. I have always publicly coveted curly hair. I have curly hair now. I mostly love it. Somedays i miss the old JP. I have a pretty attractive farmers tan. And I dont really speak English all that much.

Yesterday we had our zone conference for Christmas. It was great and I love Presidente Beynon and Sister Beynon. That man is truly inspired. He talked about our Savior Jesus Christ and the meaning of Christmas. I consider myself blessed to be able to focus all of my energy on that meaning this Christmas and not on the commercial part of it. It is great!

People here love Christmas. A lot of them have little fake pinetrees and papai noels everywhere. i love it. We are going to spend Christmas with a trio of other sisters in another area at the Bishops house with his family. i love that family they are AMAZING.

We still havent been able to find any solid investigators. It is a little discouraging, we are working very hard, but we are learning it is all on the Lords time. Our Zone Leader E. Wheat and E. Youngberg came with us to some lessons and i learned so much about teaching from them. E. YB leaves in about two months and E. Wheat has been hear for over a year and a half. It is amazing how they teach so well and so fluently. I have hope.

The language has good days and not so good days. I realized about three days ago that a lot of the time i dont have to translate into English in my mind and im speaking a little faster, but it is still hard and intimidating to communicate effectively. I have a lot to learn. Im really learning a lot about trusting the Lord, a few times ive felt that there was no way i was going to be able to climb all the way up that hill teach two lessons and be able to make it back home because i was so tired or frustrated or discourage. It somehow happens. The Lord is carrying me right now and i am learning.

It is amazing the things that you can learn when you take time to ponder and search them. i get one hour of personal study each day, it never seems long enough. Things that ive been taught my whole life that i probably could quote through and through, things that i thought i understood well are finally clicking in my mind. Every now and then ill think, that makes sense! When i wasnt too preoccupied about it before. my mind is changing my heart is changing everything about me is changing and its so hard and its so interesting to think about the difference between the JP one week ago, three months ago, and one year ago. Amazing and hard, beautiful and frustrating.

D&C 121:7-8, my situation is cake compared to Joseph Smith in Liberty Jail, but all in all have PEACE, ENDURE IT WELL, it will work out. It always does.

Happy birthday TODAY to my big brother, my example, and my friend. I love you and I hope your birthday is wonderful!

Oh family i get to call home for Christmas! whooooooooooooey!
love you all so much.
proud to wear the tag,

Sister J. Peterson

No comments: