Wednesday, November 25, 2009

thoughts da Galega‏

Apparently i am a GALEGA. The past 24 hours has been intense to say the least. Yesterday I left the CTM at 430 in the morning to go to the place ive been dreaming of for six months, MACEIÓ! I have realized one thing, once you become accustomed or comfortable with what you are doing, Heavenly Father, lovingly, gives you the opportunity to be ripped from that comfort zone and thrown into another zone that just lacks that. Needless to say the bubble of the CTM is much different from Maceió, but I love it I wouldnt change it for anything.
My mission president, Presidente Beynon and his wife are really great people. Yesterday i went to the mission home met them ate REAL ICECREAM and then I met my new companheira, Sis Murbaki. She is so amazing and so kind. She is the kind of companion i would like to become. She is always looking for opportunities to serve me and help me in anyway, its been a full day with this cute little brazillian and i ALREADY love her!

She is from São Paulo, I havent heard a word of English from her which is intimidating but i~m excited for the opportunity to be completely submerged in this culture. She has been out 8 months and im glad she is my comp.
Last night sis murbaki and me rode in a car with sis. moyle and her new companheira. When we dropped them off i got back in the car and listened to sister Murbaki talking to the lady driving us. At that moment i had a, youre not in kansas anymore moment and almost cried. But i didnt it was great.
We went and visited some other sister missionaries near our area of BEBEDOURA and they had colored a picture of a white missionary wearing a pink dress and having long blonde hair with a big BEM VINDA SISTINHA! we ate dinner and i learned a lot of things, that is when i learned that white girls with green or blue eyes are called Galega. I really like the sisters here they are hilarious. there are only 12-14 sisters here and i have met 7 of them. awesome.
my apartment is pretty it is upstairs so i get to see my area very well from our porch balcony thingy. I love this place there is no place i would rather be.
My last week at the CTM flew by and it seems like it was a long time ago not 48 hours ago that i was there. i studied alma 26 a lot last week. Ammon is my hero. Such an awesome example and part of how i feel when i get to teach others about the gospel. There is this power that comes and when i feel inadequate it takes over. It is amazing. i was able to talk to the man sitting next to me on the airplane to maceio. His accent was so hard to understand but i got my point across and he wanted to meet with the missionaries so it was good all around.
oh and i also speak portuguese somewhat, who would have thought that could happen!
love you familia!

Sister Peterson

No comments: