Tuesday, September 20, 2011

2 years and explosions




Two years and 4 days ago I set off on my adventure. Sao Paulo then Maceio and Sergipe. My life changed. My brain changed. MOST OF ALL my heart changed.

I fell in love. I fell in love with people who couldn't have been more different-and as always I took my environment and internalized it. Bono said it well: "Every artist is a cannibal, every poet is a thief." I am okay with being a thief if it means I can take a bit of that culture with me.


I'm Brasicana. More than that I fell in love with the gospel of Jesus Christ and I see how it determines EVERYTHING I do. In 23 years of life--I've never been happier. I get it. FINALLY. I'm so glad the Lord was patient with me even through my "rebel without a cause" stage of life that lasted...well most of my life. What a blessing it was for me to serve a mission, I needed it. I am excited to keep "getting" more and more of the big picture.



On top of all that I met some of the best people I know and some of the dearest friends and came to know the Savior personally.


So I should probably be sure to write on my blog and on our family website more often. Life is hectic, full of challenges, but I am happy and blessed.
I have the best job in the world at the MTC.
I am studying hard and I am pretty sure I get growing pains in my brain from it.
I am running a lot because it feels good and I love it.
I am the mission prep teacher in my ward right now. If I could even get away from missionary work I wouldn't want to. 
And yeah that is pretty much what I have been doing with my life. Work school running and THE GOSPEL.

I just want to reiterate a few things I have stated before on hear:

"Not forgiving retards spiritual growth"

 2 Nephi 28:32 aWo be unto the Gentiles, saith the Lord God of Hosts! For notwithstanding I shall lengthen out mine arm unto them from day to day, they will deny me; nevertheless, I will be merciful unto them, saith the Lord God, if they will repent and bcome unto me; for mine carm is lengthened out all the day long, saith the Lord God of Hosts.

and

3 Nephi 9:14 Yea, verily I say unto you, if ye will come unto me ye shall have eternal life. Behold, mine arm of mercy is extended towards you, and whosoever will come, him will I receive; and blessed are those who come unto me.


It is amazing the mercy of the Lord. His arm is always extended to us, sometimes in anger, sometimes in mercy BUT ALWAYS IN LOVE. Repentance is such a blessing, we can all become whole through it. It is almost hard to believe such a great deal. All the Lord asks is for us to change our hearts and to TRY just TRY to do better. I truly hope that one day I can be so forgiving and loving. My mortal emotions are not so well tuned. It is hard, but man what a blessing that I can be forgiven and that I have Christ's example to remind me.

Any one want to go to Brasil with me?

No comments: