Tuesday, October 4, 2011

It is all in the plan...


My very first district all grown up and ready to serve the Lord with todo o coracao poder mente e forca! What a blessing it has been for me to learn from these great servants of the Lord. BOA SORTE ELDERES! PARABENS! Brasil is lucky to have them!

Did I tell you that I love my job?

next:
GENERAL CONFERENCE
beautiful, inspired and more than anything else JUST WHAT I NEED.
"It's always better to look up."-Thomas S. Monson
"You cannot make eternal decisions without eternal consequences." Randall K. Bennet
"[Christ] is in my Gethsemane and also in yours."
"We may not receive an answer all at once. Here a little and their a little. Perhaps because that is all we can handle or because it is ALL WE ARE WILLING TO DO." -Robert D. Hales
"Most of what we worry about is not of eternal significance, but if it is we can be certain that the Lord will help us."-Carl B. Cook
"A call to repentance, when guided by the spirit is an act of genuine charity." L. Todd Christofferson

Mostly what I got out of conference was a desire to be better and to try harder to study my scriptures with more thought and to fulfill my covenants better. I LOVE CONFERENCE.
Although President Monson has left us with these words before, I still continue to love them. "Each of us has a part to play. Let us be diligent and faithful in playing it well."




Being with my family was probably one of the best things ever. Connor showed off his wicked dance moves at The Pie Pizzaria and Kalena got over her stage fright to sing, "Hey Soul Sister", of course I had to hold her and sing with her but it was so dang cute. Why don't they live in Utah again???



A thought that I have had as I reflect on my blessings in life is that amidst the intense pain and sorrow that I experience, just as Alma stated, my joy is as exquisite as my pain. The Lord compensates us and if he hasn't yet, he will.

No comments: