Wednesday, October 21, 2009

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOM DIIIIIAAAAAAA‏



One of the Brazillian matainance workers here at the CTM greets the missionaries all the time with a long and drawn out: BOOOOOOOOOOOOM DIIIIIIAAAAAAAA! He is the most adorable Brazillian man. He doesn~t speak a word of English but you can tell in everything he does that he loves life. He is excited about fixing broken lights and cleaning up after messy 19-25 year olds and he is ALWAYS happy. Everytime i see this man my day gets a little brighter. I decided i want to live my life so that perhaps my attitude will help others. He came up to me earlier this week and said: Sister PAY TOR SON meu filho nome e PAYTORSON. He always gets so excited to see me.


Well this week has been just like the other weeks i get up at 629 am. Get dressed and ready and study all day till 900 when i get to go pig out on delicious cake and chocolate milk then go to bed at 1030. That is mostly my days here. We have devotionals on Sundays and Tuesdays and then other devotional type things not called devotionals on saturdays. They totally get me pumped.

One thing that I have come to realize is that God is extremely good at giving constructive criticism. He is suttle when perhaps a little nudge will get me to recognize what is going on and when that just wont do, well He knows how to get my attention. Im coming to realize that i~m a pretty prideful person most of the time and humility is sometimes a hard lesson to learn. All in all im learning things about myself in ways that i never thought i~d learn them.

We got some new Brazillians this past week and they have my mealtimes. I get to practice all the time now. It is fantastic. I learned that peanut butter is Amendoim. One Elder from Recife has about the same language ability in English as i do in Portuguese so we learn a lot from eachother. It still amazes me how patient these people are. In the states most people would just say: LEARN ENGLISH.

I~m running out of time today, i guess everything is mostly the same, but i love you all and i love what i do.

Jesus Cristo e nosso Salvador e Redentor. Atraves Sua Expiacao nos podemos tornar as pessoas melhor que nos pensamos possivel. O Evangelho de JEsus Cristo e verdadeiro.

proud to wear the tag,

Sister Peterson



No comments: