Wednesday, April 28, 2010

knock knock...who's there?‏

First off: HAAAPPPPYYY BIIIIRRRRRTHDAAAAAAAAY ALESHA ANNIE!!!!


if you guys havent called her yet, call her and let her know how amazing she is because lets face it she is probably one of the coolest people in our family. if you are offended think for a second and you will probably agree. i love you leeshy!

Second: wanna hear the joke that i kept tellin my companions all week. Well background: we had transfers this tuesday and i thought for sure i would stay, i mean i was in bebedouro for almost six months and this transfer was only 5 weeks in Arapiraca so i kept saying "oh, porath will go to the other area in arapiraca (she already has six months in this part) and i am going to sergipe. And guess what happened. Yep. I am now in the other state, Sergipe in the capital ARACAJU.

So the last two days has been crazy getting ready to pack my suitcases and then a three hour trip across the alagoas-sergipe border. i met my new companion, Sister Zorzo: a brasilian that i am darker than who i am almost positive is a walking angel. I imagine almost like aunt Susan Fuller. She is probably the most loving and humble person ive met. She likes to go on adventures too so i am pretty set. also, she has a really good work ethic. last night i went to bed exhausted. IT WAS AMAZING.

Today we went to the zoo and we rode something like a ski lift and i saw just how beautiful this city is. LOVE IT. when i can i will send photos.

This week was amazing. We baptized my first "power family" or familia de poder: Marta, Rafael, and Rafaela. That baptism was so very spiritual. I felt so much happiness and gratitude toward Heavenly Father for letting me be a part of their lives. Monday night after i packed my suitcases i went to say goodbye. The 9 year old girl Rafaela looked at me and said, why are you leaving? I felt like i wanted to cry. I explained why. She paused for a minute and then said, alright well i will go on a mission to your city someday and see you again. I felt the tears coming. Heavenly Father truly works miracles in our lives. This family was a miracle. True anyone could have baptized them, they were just that ready, BUT i was given this opportunity. They were an answer to my prayers. They are the proof that anything can happen. The evidence that the gospel truly changes people and families for the better.

The last transfer was like a pajama party everynight and i will miss Catacas hilarious attitude and Porath being the amazing lady she is but i am SOOOOOOO STOKED for this transfer and the miracles i know God is preparing here in Aracaju-SERGIPE!

Proud as ever to wear the tag,

Sister J Peterson

No comments: