Wednesday, July 7, 2010

I am a missionary‏

Wow what a week.


Probably one of the weeks with the most moments of stress and depression, but also some of the most blessings and moments that I could feel my Savior carrying me. I remember my first few weeks in the field, that were so HARD. I wrote that in those moments Christ was carrying me. In reality He never put me down. Just know God is blessing this missionary and making up for my weakness.

I was reading a few things that i kept in a binder, spiritual things really. I found a letter from all my young women leaders from 2004. Man i love and admire those women. Their simple testimonies are still strengthening mine. If they get a chance to read this letter, thank you for being the women you are and for your testimonies.

The week was hard for many reasons but amidst this we found some miracles. Pearls. Those people God has prepared for us.

One of them is Diana. Her baptism was Friday. She is one of those chosen spirits, incredibly sensitive to the Spirit. She knows so much better than other nine year olds what is right and wrong. The importance of God. What a privledge to teach such a chosen little girl.

Last week I made a contact with Marcio. I only remember that he seemed genuinely interested in going to church and our message. I didnt remember that he was smoking and drinking when i made the contact with him so when S Souza said we need to teach the word of wisdom so he could stop smoking soon i didnt understand how she knew that he smoked. It is strange because i almost always remember these things. Anyways, we taught him. It went well. When we returned he explained that he would go to other churches every so often but that from what he felt and understood, the doctrines of our church went a little deeper. He said that that it wasnt an accident that he met us at the praça that day. That we were different. He said the words "there was a brightness in your eyes and i could tell that you wanted to help me." He said that he had tried to change before but this time he feels like he really can. I have always heard those stories about how memebers of the church have a brightness in their eyes. i guess i always thought it was kind of a cliche thing but truly there is a difference.

One of our other investigators, Clilda, said that she had been stopped by so many different religions but never payed attention until she met us on the street. She said we were different. She will be baptized the 17th along with her daughter Luciene or Wyky. She prayed and received a response. Today she went to the boardwalk with us. She loves us. We are working a lot these days with youth, reactivating and teaching them. I have always related better with the youth. i love it.

Souza and I decided to have a scripture of the week, last week was Alma 5:14. Do you have His image in your countenance? I am trying to be like my Savior and I know that it is helping other people. I love being a missionary.

We are reading D&C as a mission. I have never really studied it like i should but let me tell you, i love it. I am receiving personal revelation everyday. Promptings during my study that are made manifest in my work. I love this time in my life. oh aunt Susan or Jeanne or someone who does geneology, the Fuller mentioned in D&C 55 or 56 is he related to us?

Man the family reunion seems so amazing! I wish i could have been there to see you all SEND ME PICTURES or at least post them to the family website. I havent received pictures from anyoen in a real long time. or Letter mail. i feel left out at zone meetings and interviews when i dont receive letters. SEND THEM! haha.

I know that i am forgetting something but i dont remember...

Oh the church is true. it just is. SO INCREDIBLY TRUE. and as S. Souza says: Ela é PERFEITA! There was a huge flood in Alagoas that destroyed a few cities, the elders serving there were fine. All the missionaries in Alagoas went to help. Yeah thats like 80+ missionaries. I love how much the church is always there to help. a mark of true discipleship. I was bummed i am here in Sergipe so i didnt get to go but still. amazing.

well i love you all.

proud to wear the tag.

Sister Peterson

No comments: