Monday, July 26, 2010

Gata garota‏

É ta pega minhas queridas.
Oh man i love you all. This week was great.

Transfers and Sister Souza was transferred back to Maceio and her daughter (the missionary she trained) came here with me. Let me tell you how crazy awesome this sister campos is. I absolutely adore that girl. I was a little stressed but that stress pretty much disappeared when she started talking. She is hilarious, crazy, and a spiritual energizer bunny. She likes to try and speak English. When she was in the CTM she was learning to pray in English it was like this: i tank tee for my family. i tank tee for my mission and i... and i... tank tee for lady gaga. HILARIOUS. she loves american music and is a super extrovert. we have so much in common it is crazy.


when i arrived i think i lost a little bit of myself as in i stopped being extroverted. the language learning process and the constant trying to be a perfectionist led me to be a lot more quiet than when i left the states. slowly i have been remembering jp but i know that sister campos will help me to remember more of myself and to apply it in my work. Ive got a feeling (wooooo oooo) that this transfer is going to be a good transfer. haha.

So Marcio continues to rock the world. Going to church. Stopeed smoking and drinking COMPLETELY and he loves us. he is always thanking us for helping him. he called us to ask if we liked chocolate so that he could buy some for us. one culture thing here that is still hard for me to adapt to is how people here show that they like you. through presents. People just give me stuff ALL THE TIME. i said that i liked a song on the street. Our LO gave me a DVD of the band. Someone offered me a lemon filled cookie oreo thing and i said i loved it. Everytime he makes visits with us he brings me those cookies. Enter a members house and boom food and juice. It is not just with me but with everybody. missionary or not. this is such a thoughtful culture... but it is still awkward for me to accept things but you cant say no or it offends people. I feel loved all the time. i think going home will be a culture shock.
 We found caro. she is rad de mais. her husband is a little less commitment oriented but she always says things like,i dont know what he will do but I WILL... she went to church sunday and LOVED IT

One problem or blessing that I have is that when people tell me their problems I tend to personalize them. I feel a small part of the pain that they are feeling and my heart breaks almost every day here on the mission. Elder Eyring said to treat everyone as if they are in serious trouble and most of the time you will be right. I have learned the truthfulness of that statement. During sacrament i was reading in Mosiah 15 and it talked about Christ and how He was full of mercy and about His Atoning sacrifice. As I read and the idea came to my mind, He knew very well the pains of His people even before Getsemani. He did this same work for three years and I know He experienced there pains. The motive, love. He knows how to succor the weak and console the poor in spirit. Physically, Mentally, Emotionally, and Spiritually He knows how to cure us. I gained a tiny bit more of an understanding of the why in His acts. I feel so much for these people and sadness for the problems that are a result of poverty, lack of education, and the selfishness that exists in the world. but more than that i feel joy in the fact that the greatest superhero of all time already saved them. He truly is the Savior and Redeemer of mankind.

Proud to wear His name next to mine,

Sister Peterson

No comments: