Monday, August 9, 2010

another week....

First:


HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO LINDSEY PAULINE and MEGAN CHRISTINE. two people that I dont remember life without. Man i love you girls, happy birthday!

also happy birhtday to one of the coolest kids i know, Zachary!

This week we worked a ton a ton a ton and... a lot of appointments fell through and fell through and fell through. I guess that is the work. sometimes its feast and other times it is famine. However, I have been partying with my brasy black sister and it has been an adventure let me tell you. I love sister Campos she reminds me so much of Lindsey all the time super pretty and stylish and hilarious. Also she is a rad missionary that i hope to be more like.

This week I got pretty tired pretty fast of all of our appointments falling through. I decided that maybe we need to change up our contacts. I met a crazy old man (crazy in a sense that he is really happy funny and talks a lot) Bonafacio. He told me that he already knew me, kind of, because he lives in the apartments in front of our house. He asked me where Souza went and for a second I was a little creeped out but I told him straight up that I was sent here to baptize him. He said absolutely and we marked an appointment. We went to his house last night and taught him his wife and his kids. He already has studied a lot about the bible and other religions but he said he learned a lot and that he really liked the lesson and that he would pray. Also when he receives an answer he will be baptized. His family is really amazing, receptive, and they were all very interested. They talked about how they always saw us from the window every day for the past 8 months or so and that we conduct ourselves in a good manner. I always knew people look at us different, authorized representatives of Christ, but in this case I am so grateful that we and the sisters before us left a good impression so this family can see who we really are.

We taught a bunch of power lessons this week. Yeah ten months of teaching the same thing very well COULD get old and repetative...but I have made it my goal to not let it. To let the Spirit speak through us and to listen with every thing i can so that i can adapt each lesson to each person. Plus i love my comp and we are a good team-the spirit flourishes in this type of environment.

So I taught my first every agnostic person. Here is like Utah and being a member of the church. Everyone believes in Christ. Yes they have a TON of messed up doctrine and lack of understanding but if these people know one thing, they know that Christ lives. Well this man, Wellington, was raised catholic but feels that God is some force that doesnt have any hand in our lives. I made the contact with him and we taught the plan of salvation. He said it makes sense to him but it is hard for him to really believe it all. So i told him to do an expirament. To pray. I said that he had absolutely nothing to lose and that I had certeza that he would feel something, the love God has for His son. He accepted this expirament. we meet with him tonight to see how it goes. I kept thinking of Alma 32 comparing FAith to a seed

28 Now, we will compare the word unto a aseed. Now, if ye give place, that a bseed may be planted in your cheart, behold, if it be a true seed, or a good seed, if ye do not cast it out by your dunbelief, that ye will resist the Spirit of the Lord, behold, it will begin to swell within your breasts; and when you feel these swelling motions, ye will begin to say within yourselves—It must needs be that this is a good seed, or that the word is good, for it beginneth to enlarge my soul; yea, it beginneth to eenlighten my funderstanding, yea, it beginneth to be delicious to me.

that is all he needs to do. if he is ready and prepared he will now the truth. I know God's love for His children. I have felt it...i want so bad for everyone else to feel it too. He has an open mind and a good heart i know that it will work out. It always does.

So this week we had planned to baptize Marcio but some unexpected financial situations came up. Man i was so stressed out...but then he called and explained everything. I could literally feel the sincerity and sadness in his voice for not being able to be baptized. BUT this week we are there. Pray that nothing comes up and pray for Wellington and the family of Bonafacio!

well i love you all!

proud to wear the tag,

Siser peterson

No comments: