Sunday, August 29, 2010

Hey family!

Hey family!



So this week I dont have a ton of time so i will just relate a few things with you all.


Last transfer we would always see a girl, Isabel and talk to her. We always invited her to church but she always ran away from us on Sundays. We even taught her the first lesson and she told us that she wouldnt pray. Well we had an activity with less active memebers, recent converts, and investigators. We watched Charly. This movie literally shows a change of heart as one prepares for baptism. Not only in the thought process but the standard of dress, and the way we look at life. It also shows the importance of faith and how families can be together forever. As we were walking to the members house for this activity we saw her and invited her. She went. She watched and after she had a lot of questions. We went to her house and asked her if she had seen a Book of Mormon before, she had already gotten one when she went to church. She said she had prayed and already knew that the church and the Book of Morman are true. We taught the third lesson, the principles of the gospel. She accepted baptism. I know how important it was for us to keep trying with her. Everytime we saw her we invited her. Even after she said no time after time. But when she really had an understanding that our church is different and what we really believe it helped her to have a change of heart. It helped her to prepare. I love Charly.

We had conference this week. Man I love Presidente Beynon. He is one of the most loving and patient people that I know. He has over 130 missionaries to take care of and i dont have doubts that every single one of them could call him there second father. I was sufficiently reminded of the things that I need to improve and also learned a ton of stuff that I am putting in practice in my area.


Last night I ate dinner at a members house, she made dinner for an Elder who is leaving this week. His parents were there. The first Americans that arent missionaries that I have seen in a real real long time. They were really great people but I think I forgot a few things about our culture. It kind of scares me. The Elder, Elder Holmes was my very first district leader when i arrived. He was such a great leader for me. It is crazy to think that he is no longer a missionary here. I felt that sick panicked feeling that I get at every month marker and my brain feels the urgent, your time is running out. é ta pega está acabando!


But we have two baptisms this week, Isabel and Fernanda. It is going to be great. This may be my last week here in Soledade, I hope not but after three transfers it is very possible =(. Sorry My email is not super inspiring or interesting this week.


Just know that God loves us. This is His church. It is perfect. I study for AT LEAST 2 hours everyday, usually 3 and the more i study the more i feel the spirit telling me that THIS IS IT. That God has a plan and that it all has to do with that Perfect man that CHOSE to give it all for us. I know Jesus Christ is the Savior and Redeemer of the world. I know it. I know that through His life and His works we also can be eternally Happy. We can overcome our weaknesses, our pains, and our sorrows. We can become like Him and our Father.

Proud to wear the tag,


Sister Peterson

No comments: