Sunday, October 24, 2010

aeroclube=paradise‏

Dear family,



I have a new area a new companion and I haven't been so excited since i arrived on the mission. Wow the ward is Aeroclube.


My companion is Sister Nigri from São Paulo. She is amazing, I always love learning new things, new styles of teaching, and having new opportunities to serve when companions change. The Lord has truly blessed me to have amazing companions.

WOW. AEROCLUBE=PARADISE. I love this ward. They truly understand that you dont need a missionary tag to share the gospel. I feel how excited the leaders and members are for the work and it compels me to be better to strive to always be worthy and give my best. Not that I wouldn't before but it is a very conscious thing for me. Many of the leaders here are the type of member I want to be in a few months when I no longer have this sacred call to serve full time. The Bishop the first day we ate lunch with us he was telling us everything about the area the leadership and his attitudes toward this work. WOW. I almost cried. The way he talks to and about the people in this ward is inspiring. He makes every single person he talks to feel like they are someone crucially important and of great worth. I want to be like this because the truth is, every single person is crucially important and of great worth.

This ward is a miracle.

Last night we visited a less active couple. They have been less active for a long time, but when they frequented church they were very very involved. The husband told us of his call as president of the young mens program, how he gave everything he could to rescue those young men from the world, drugs, problems of life in general. He told us that in the many years he served a few of them passed away and I felt the sadness in his voice. His wife also was very active as presidente of the RS she loved to serve. As often occurs, they were offended by a few things that happened 10 years ago and never let it go. As I and my companion talked to them and shared a message and our testimonies with them I saw the same light in there eyes that they has as they talked about there old calls when they were active. I shared Helaman a5:12 and they cited the scripture. We challenged them to go to church next Sunday, the husband accepted and also accepted the challenge to prepare a family for us to teach. Wow. I really felt the spirit testifying that the time had come, in fact the husband said that we came at just the right time...I know how difficult it is sometimes when the vision and trust people have in leaders is broken. It is very hard to accept the faults of others sometimes, but I know that it is possible to forgive and move on and this is a goal that we have to help this family back to the path.

God hears and answers our prayers. He knows each one of His children personally and He has provided an amazing plan of happiness for us to progress through the example and sacrifice of our Savior Jesus Christ. I know that it is in and through His atonement that we can be made whole that we can be cured from our sins, our weaknesses, our sorrows, and our enfirmidades. I know the Savior loves us and I am incredibly indebt because of the love that He has shown for me and because of the love He has enabled me to feel for people that in any other situation I never would have had the opportunity to meet. What a blessing it is to know the truths of the gospel and to be a means of which many can receive this message.

sorry so short, i dont have much time today but i will attend to the rest of the emails i received next week!

Proud to wear the tag,


Sister Peterson

1 comment:

Caio Pedreira said...

What's your religion and for how long will you stay in Brazil? Bye.