Saturday, October 16, 2010

OLÁ FAMÍLIA!

How is everyone doing? Congratulations to James and Kristi on the new baby, I LOVE THE NAME! Paizley so cute.
Well my dear family i have news. Incomplete news but news all the same. Transfers. I am going to Maceió. I leave 630 from my new found home, beloved Sergipe. I am ready for this next part of my adventure a new area new companion but man Aracaju has a big part of my heart. The part that is incomplete is I dont know which area or who is my companion. Transfers are a little bit different now. We find out if we are transfered Saturday night and Tuesday morning those who are transfered have a training meeting with papai Beynon and there we learn who our new companions are. Good news is I dont have to travel only with Elders. Because we are the only sisters in Sergipe Campos will go to pick up her new companion there in Macieó. We were expecting the change, but she still cried a lot that I am leaving. I truly have a black sister from Vitoria, Espirito Santo. I would never know so many wonderful people who have changed my life if not for my mission. I am in love with my mission. Fim.
This last week I prayed for Heavenly Father to open my eyes to see miracles each day. My eyes have been opened.
This week we taught a woman who was almost baptized a few years ago. When she started talking to us, she explained a few situations in which when she was offended by others she 1) threatened to beat them up and 2) would hold a grudge against that person for a very very long time. The first thoughts were, this woman is very ignorant and no no, she won't change. I had to chastise myself a little bit. I listened intently and prayed for the Lord to show us what we needed to teach her to help her situation. The thought, the two greatest commandments: Love the Lord thy God with all thy heart and love thy neighbor as thyself. I also told a story that was spoken about a few conferences ago, a woman who had suffered greatly in a concentration camp and forgave one of the guards who worked there and had caused a lot of pain for her and her family. The spirit was super strong and I felt Heavenly Father's love for this woman. She said that she would try very hard not to be so nervous with other people and to forgive a member of the church that she said before, "Forgiveness doesn't exist between us." This was a miracle, a woman raised in a certain form with traditions of this type of behavior for over 22 years, at least thinking about changing this type of behavior.
Klisleide, someone that I taught with Zorzo my first transfer here was finally given consent from her parents, or rather support, to be baptized two weeks ago. Yesterday she bore powerful testimony in front of the congregation. A young woman incredibly shy, was not afraid to share what she knows. She also thanked me for teaching her and helping her to get to know the gospel. I'm not one to cry, but tears started falling from my eyes. I am so grateful for the time I have had in this wonderful area and for the opportunity to see the fruits of this work here.
A few other members from the ward came up to me and thanked me or said a few things about me in their testimonies. I bore testimony and told them how the Savior had given me a little bit more of the understanding of the type of love He has for them. That His love is real and can heal us and make us whole. Six months is a long time. This feels like home to me. I don't care if they forget my name, I just hope they remember that galéga who loved them.
Saturday Josués baptism was all planned we just had to confirm a few things with him. The first thing he said was i have good news and bad news. The bad news, Im not getting baptized. My heart stopped and i felt tears filling up the tear ducts in my eyes. Then he said the good news is i am lying. I almost had a heart attack! The baptism was really good. The ward mission leader was a little awkward but other than that the Spírit was there and I was very happy. Sunday I looked around and saw that although a few of the people I had the priviledge of teaching and baptizing have moved or have stopped coming, a majority of them were there. I was so happy to see how giseli Isabel and josue are very involved in Seminary. Klisleide is a rockstar. Edivaldo received the Priesthood this week. And Diana that adorable little girl has as firm a resolve as every to go to church. I love these people.I am leaving and the likelihood that i will see them much after this is slim, but the memories i have will last forever.
So next week i will tell you all about my new comp and area. I love you all be safe and do what is right. Go to the temple if possible. If you cant go prepare to go. MAn i miss the temple.
Proud to wear the tag,
Sister Peterson

ps. happy birthday Jordan this last week and owen this week!!!

No comments: