Friday, November 19, 2010

CASAMENTO‏

DEAR FAMILY,
Another week ran away from me. We worked a lot and had a ton of lessons this week. The Elders were in Sergipe all week so we followed up with all of the investigators. whoa. All in all I am happy. I am still seeing miracles everyday here and just so you know i love being a missionary.
This week we contacted a young man, Junior, who has a lot of faith in the Lord. He is a member of an evangelical church. During the lesson and our discussions I felt that he is a very special son of God. I went home and prayed so hard for him. A very sincere desire that he would receive a response that the church is true. This whole week i have prayed for him. When we followed up with him, he said these words, "I prayed. I know that your church is true." The but. "but I like where I am." We taught about authority and the difference. Sister Nigri asked him to pray before we left but to once again ask to know if the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints is true. He kneeled down and he prayed. Silence. He said once again, "I received a response again. your church is true." He says he will visit the church. unfortunately he doesnt want to leave his comfort zone. I reflected on my prayers. The Lord answers my prayers. Junior received an answer...he just chose not to follow it. Man that hurts. But my faith in prayer has grown and next time I will try to be more specific i guess.
Amidst a ton of lessons and missionary life we also planned a wedding for this last weekend and baptized Katia and Cristiane! The wedding was stressful but simple and beautiful. Katia was so happy. A few of the irmãs in the ward approached me saying, it wont be long till that will be you. i laughed. everyone wants to make me trunky.
Katia has been waiting a long time to be baptized. Beto, her husband will be baptized this week. We have been working with this family since i arrived. They have overcome a lot of challenges and I have seen hearts changed because of the gospel. It has been a rollercoaster but amazing to see this family take one step closer to being eternal.
It was also a miracle to see cristiane enter the waters of baptism. Truly a strong and amazing woman. I have so much love for that family it is ridiculous.
This week we are preparing Beto and a young woman, Fernanda for baptism. This coming week is also transfers. My heartaches to think that I might leave aeroclube...but the Lord knows what is best and I am grateful for this amount of time to work in such a wonderful and organized ward and to see the example of inspired leaders.
The church is true. It just is. I love it and I am so grateful that the Lord led me to make this decision. it truly is the best thing i could have done. I feel and understand a little better how crucial the gospel is. how it is apart of everything. The simple laws and ordinances make so much sense. it is perfect. i love it. i love teaching it.
Proud to wear the tag,

Sister Peterson

No comments: