Sunday, November 14, 2010

Wow. what another great week. We had 9 people at church. NINE! Sorry this letter will be super short because i dont have a lot of time today.
Cristiane will be baptized this week. man i love her. Such a humble and wonderful person. In Sacrament her son, Gabriel was running all over the place. I think before my mission I would have been irritated but I am learning so much here. I have really recognized the fact that I am learning a lot more about patience here. I have so much love for her son its ridiculouse.
I am still having a lot of amazing experiences here. One that I would like to share is that someone prayed us to there house. Solange joined the church a few years ago in the interior of Alagoas. Due to many difficulties and situations she left. She always thought about the church but started going to another. She moved to the capital recently. One night she prayed to know if the church was true and asked God to send missionaries to her house if it was. A little bit later an americana and Paulista showed up on her door step. She is excited to return to church with her husband and her two young children.
Today I am in Bebedouro for PDAY. I visited Bishop Elias and His family. His four year old son Thomas is my best friend since i arrived here in the Northeast. I had so many memories of S. Murbaki. I am so excited to visit a few more families after.
I know Christ lives. He is our Savior and Redeemer. Through His infinite Atonement we can be made whole. We can be cured and then perfected. This is His church. His university of eternal progression. I know through obedience and diligence and selfless sacrifice we can become more and more like Him. The gospel truly is perfect. I get so excited to think of eternity and the possibilities that are made through His plan. I have always been a fairly stressed person, especially about the future, but as for now, I only have hope and faith. I know that we are here and we have the power to change the world.
Happy Birthday this past week mama. you are the best ever.
Proud to wear the tag,

Sister Peterson

No comments: