Thursday, January 20, 2011

Deus é fiel‏

hey family!
So this week will be short again...sorry.
This week we worked so hard but unfortunately it was a lot of legwork and not a lot of teaching. appointments falling through and a lot of frustration...but it is interesting how the Lord tries your patience. i learned how to not be so stressed when nothing is going right. To find happiness and reasons to be excited even when you are tired and YOU doesnt want to do anything. I love how the Lord will literally try us in EVERYTHING (Abraham 3:25) We worked hard and yesterday we were incredibly blessed. 9 people visited church!
Lucimar and Cicero again were their with their grandson anderson. We are trying to ehlp them prepare for marriage and baptism. They want so bad to be baptized but the other part is a little more tricky. They love the church. Lucimar even made the sacrament bread. She told us taht she has always been looking for a church that she can be active and have a calling, she found the right place!
The Sisters in the other ward gave us a reference from there contacts. We tried to find it but couldnt. i knocked on a door and a young woman directed me to the contact. i invited her to church she accepted and i told her we'd pass on our way. I passed at 230ish before church and she was washing clothes, she said after she was done she would go. the thought crossed my mind, "yeah ive heard that one before" after relief society i look behind me and there she is, Cherlane. How amazing is that? She really liked the church adn we will teach her tuesday.
This week I was lovingly burned by the scriptures. Amazing how the Lord speaks directly to us and explains to us how we must be better throught the scriptures. So many examples I cannot begin to explain but if you wanna be a better person read Richard G Scotts conference talk on faith and character. it will blow your mind. It was exactly what i needed to get excited for the afternoon filled with appointments, distances to walk, and the ridiculously hot maceio sun. it got me through the week and filled myheart with desire to be better.
I see how, as i follow the spirit and what i am learning in the scripture, I am progressing, Weaknesses before now are not a problem. The gospel brings a change in us. a continuous change for the better. i see how living it breathing is loving it changes me. it is a lengthly list of constant choices that make me more like my Savior and more willing to do what He asks of me. When I arrived here i noted the slogan in everyplace, businesses, car repair shops, churches: Deus é fiel. God is true or faithful. I never really reflected on it that much but as I study the atonement of Christ I understand a little bit more about this phrase and how i too can be "fiel" as I strive to make thousands of tiny small choices. Man I am so glad I have a perfect example to look up to!
I love you family thats the truth.
Proud to wear the tag,


Sister Peterson

No comments: