Sunday, February 6, 2011

Another week

Another week has passed by! weird. I think I am finally getting a hang of this whole missionary work stuff. At least right now =). This week we had a lot more happiness and joy in the work. I dont know why but sometimes I get stressed or discouraged and then one thing builds on another and boom the adversary accomplished what he set out to do. This week wasnt so much like that. The discouraging moments werent all that discouraging, it is all about the reaction. Are we acting like disciples of Christ or are we reacting? As I was talking to a member that is a little "intense" or "hard" on other members I started thinking of Christ and how he would never ever make another person feel inadequate. Yes he corrects us. It will always be clear when we are doing what is right and when we are doing what is wrong...but that doesnt mean we need to purposely offend others or make them feel less than they are. I have learned a lot about humility and the importance of taking constructive criticism and also of giving this type of criticism in the most loving manner possible. i hope i never forget the importance of this type of communication.


We are working with Cinthia and Joalison. A brother and sister, 16 and 17. These are extraordinary individuals. For teenagers they have a lot more sense of direction than most. When we teach the commandments, word of wisdom the law of chastity they simply accept and explain why it is important and how the world would be different if people just kept the commandments.
Flavia's 15 year old sister is also preparing to be baptized. It is so interesting to see how happy this family is with the gospel. Fernanda is shy but is excited to be baptized.
We taught a lot of lessons this week that i felt like they were just really amazing conversations about life and God's plan for us. I love how the gospel can be such a natural part of my life that in my conversations it is the first topic i want to bring up. And how EVERYTHING relates back to the gospel. how cool is that.
Last week I went and visited Arapiraca with a few other missionaries. I spent five weeks there but I visited Marta's family, the first family that I baptized. This January her husband was finally baptized and they are working hard to go to the temple. amazing. It was so great to be in there home again. I was in there life for very small time but i feel so much love for that family.
I know that Christ is our Savior and each week here I am understanding better the gift of repentance and the miracle of forgiveness. Not only in my life but in the lives of those I teach. I see how Christ literally cures our broken hearts and helps us to change those horrible parts of us so that we can be more like him. I know this gospel is the way to perfection. I know that this work is essential. Out of the billions of people in the world that millions of problems, we have the solution. The gospel of Jesus Christ. It is amazing and it makes me me.
proud to wear the tag,
Sister Peterson

No comments: