Sunday, February 27, 2011

Biu-pronounced byew‏

Dearest Family,

Another week. Full of the Lord's tender mercies. I don't have time to really write much this week but I would like to write a few things.

-IZAILDA: an amazing investigator. She is paralyzed and is confined to a wheelchair but this is anything but confining to her. SHE DOES EVERYTHING. She was going to an assembly of God church just because it is infront of her house. But as we taught her she felt the truth. She went to church and she loved it. As she participated in the activities she shared her experience when she prayed to know if the church was true. She said, "I go to the assembly of God church-no i used to go to the assembly of God church..." It is amazing to see how she went from believing all the ridiculous things people believe about the church to getting excited to be baptized in only a few days.

-Benedito Bentes (biu) is a difficult area to baptize. It is mostly an area to strengthen the ward members. I thought i would be lost because my experience at aeroclube of learning the roads was rough...but here i feel so accostomed and i dont have any problem. The members are great and help a ton. We are helping a family Poliana and Hercules and their 4 beautiful children get back into church. We had a family home evening last night that was great.

-The Scriptures wow. I am reading the war chapters in Alma. They apply directly into my life. Symbols and connections that I never before recognized. They help me to be "armed" and ready always.

I am learning to be more like Christ this transfer. I literally am amazed by that man and all that He did. I now more than every dont understand how he could love so much that he did what he did. Amazing. I know that Christ is my Savior. I have always known it but on my mission I have learned to trust him and I have gotten to know him better. I know that he truly suffered for my sins and that he took upon himself my pains and weaknesses. He knows me. I know that the love he has for us is unconditional. I have felt that love. This week I have felt the Lord helping me to get through trials. The atonement is very real. I have felt it in my prayers in lessons in the hardest moments and in the better moments too. This is the Lords work I know it. I know that his restored gospel will bring peace and happiness into the lives of so many if they just let it and strive their best to live it.

Proud to wear this tag,

Sister Peterson

No comments: