Thursday, March 17, 2011

one more week...‏

Dear family.
I have so little time to write. just a few things.
Sunday after a lot of disappointment our trio entered the church with heavy hearts. every person who said they would go...didnt go. we had one more hope, Alisson (the ukileili guy) and his family...we looked in the relief society and she wasnt there. Alright so I am used to this...but i sat there thinking, the Lord knows what he is doing. Its gonna be alright. Soon after that I went to the principles of the gospel class. Alisson was there. his wife and kids were sick but he came alone! he then participated intensely in the class then started asking profound questions about the book of mormon he even mentioned the Urim and Thummim and how it is also mentioned in the Biblia...and I was impressed. He loved church he said its a lot different than what he is used to that the church is structured so well that the members literally understand the doctrine and each day can go deeper and deeper...exactly why I love the church.

it was a great feeling.

one thought i had. i remember my first transfer in bebedouro with murbaki i was making a contact in my horrible portuguese and said the words "you are invited to our church". After murbaki corrected me. "Sister, it is not OUR church but Christ's." I have always remembered that. It has stuck with me my whole mission. We are representatives of Christ's church. This work is not our work. It must be done in His WAY. That is why the church is so perfect, because it is his.
Proud to wear the tag,
Sister Peterson

No comments: