Wednesday, February 16, 2011

bye bye aeroclube‏

Dear family,


The Lord is giving me an opportunity to really practice what I preach. I teach about faith. everyday. how we must trust in the Lord and his timing and his plans. Isaiah 55:8-9. Well this week I was transfered from my home. Aeroclube. I was almost positive i would stay. this transfer is only five weeks. in fact, even though i am not one to ask for things from president, i wrote him saying, "If it is the Lords will, I would like to finish my mission here in aeroclube". apparently that isn't the Lord's will.

saturday night after we received the call lima and i sat in silence. we finished planning and i went directly to bed. i didnt want to murmur but my brain was going out of control. i prayed and the Lord comforted me. It is always hard to say goodbye to an area...but to your home its even harder. All my families, all my converts, and all my investigators. sunday we taught an amazing lesson with Luana and Kelvin. Kelvin went to church with us the afternoon. in fact, we had 7 investigators there. I truly feel like I left this amazing ward, that althought was always amazing, better than i found it. I know the Lord is happy with the work I have done there.

It was hard to leave lima, my filha. She cried, spontaneously for two days.

we had a family home evening monday at a members house, a majority of my recent converts and our progressing investigators were there. because i and elder cordeiro (he arrived in the area with me) are leaving they went around basically telling us how we influenced there lives-through tears-and thanking us. It was another tender mercy of the Lord letting me know that it is okay to feel sad to say goodbye, but not okay to complain. The love that I feel for all those people is uncomparable. it is true, i have learned how to truly love people.

so i arrived here yesterday in benedito bentes. i have five weeks to find my purpose here. i am actively seeking it. I am with sister feitosa and sister de souza all both have less than 5 months here. I am doing my best to establish a feeling of unity and happiness in a trio. Trios generally are a little rough but we are excited to make this the best transfer yet. i want to die dying-morrer morrendo. we have established goals and we are seeking the Lord's elect here. the members are excited and I am determined to act diligently to the end.

Each time i get sad, i pray and the Lord reminds me that He knows what is best. And I am sure of His love for me just as I am sure of His love for all of His children. it is because of this love that i am here

I know that this is the best mission in the world. I know that I was sent here for a purpose and this is exactly where I should be. I know that Christ leads this work through his chosen leaders and that He loves us. I know that He understands me and knows me and that he will give me every opportunity possible to grow and progress. I know that this gospel is the only true and full gospel. I know God lives and loves us.

proud to wear the tag,

sister Peterson

No comments: